Minirobots - Realistic Market Agents Simulation for Testing Purposes
- simulate the behavior of trader using complex algo-trading systems
- create realistic market conditions in your test environment to react to
- create a realistic load in your test environment
- test at the confluence of functional and non-functional testing to catch intermittent functional defects that only manifest themselves under load
The Minirobots tool is an active multi-participant testing tool which simulates the behaviour of real traders.The tool has complete autonomy in making routine decisions under specific market conditions. Depending on what the testing needs are, each of the robots can act either orders.
The tool can be used for back-end testing by being connected to message gateways/APIs and databases of the systems being tested. GUI testing capabilities are also supported via plug-ins to other tools (e.g. Selenium).
- Execute multithreaded java code
- Allow the test developer to define the complexity of test algorithms
- Support multiple client connections, order entry and market data via FIX
- Can use GUI to iterate through sent and received messagesc
The test scripts are multi-threaded Java code. They allow the test developer to reproduce a variety of complex market scenarios according to the testing needs.
The Minirobots Skill Set
- Market Making
- ‘Slicing’ algorithms
- Abusive market behavior
- Realistic market environment
- Test regression
- Returning market data replay
Characteristics of Minirobots
- Capacity & Precision
- Hundreds to thousands of messages, depending on the algorithm complexity. Millisecond precision.
- Testing Type
- Active, Multi-Participant (applicable for testing at the confluence of functional and non-functional testing)
- Target SUT
- Trading Platforms and Market Data Delivery Systems
- SUT Interface
- Back-end (typically connected to message gateways /APIs); GUI Testing Capabilities not supported
- SUT Interaction Method
- Message injection and capture to emulate multiple participants’ activity in electronic markets (essential when there is a need to reproduce complex scenarios that can be created by trading algorithms)
- Extant plug-ins for Industry-standard (FIX and dialects, etc.) and proprietary protocols. New bespoke plug-ins for additional protocols developed by request.
- Test Scripts
- Multi-threaded Java code specifying different liquidity profiles
- Test Management, Execution and Reporting
- Integrated (Web front-end), allows for multiple simultaneous heterogeneous connections, concurrent emulation of multiple participants, detailed test reports. Optional Big Button framework supported
- Platform requirements
- Written in Java