Shsha - Everything You Need for Client Onboarding and Efficient Test Coverage Verificatioin
- captures network traffic, parses and stores messages in a database
- allows running SQL queries
- allows performing client onboarding
- allows processing data from test and production environments to create test libraries of active test scenarios
- allows verifying test coverage
Shsha is a post-transactional passive-testing tool which allows to test the back-end of trading platforms, market data, post-trade, market surveillance systems without interacting with them. - Shsha lets you easily comply with audit and regulatory requirements.
- Supports various industry-standard and proprietary protocols
- Analyzes client activity and forecasts system response
- Captures messages, pcap files in real time or after the fact
- Parses and displays logs in a user-friendly way
- Can process massive amounts of data from various clients
- Allows using SQL queries for interacting with the app
- Allows making summarized reports
- Has intuitive GUI
Shsha can be used when a Client of an exchange performs on-boarding certification tests.
Shsha allows processing the existing data from test and production environments and creating the needed library of active testing scenarios.
Characteristics of Shsha
- Testing Type
- Passive Real-Time/Batch
- Target SUT
- Trading Platforms, Market Data Delivery and Post-Trade Systems
- SUT Interface
- Back-end (typically connected to message gateways / APIs, and DBs); GUI Testing Capabilities are not supported
- SUT Interaction Method
- Inputs and outputs monitored by means of message capture and log parsing, to analyze client activity and forecast system response; DB queries for data verification; files transfer, upload, export and comparison. Captured messages can be viewed and analyzed in real-time or post-factum.
- Extant plugins for Industry-standard (FIX and dialects, FAST, SWIFT, ITCH, HTTP, SOAP, etc.) and Proprietary (MIT, SAIL, HSVF, RTF, RV, Reuters, Fidessa OA, Quant House, etc.) protocols. New bespoke plug-ins for additional protocols developed by request (codecs are shared between Sailfish and Shsha).
- Test Scripts
- Certification tests and data reconciliation may be performed by using ordinary SQL queries. Test message traffic generated in real time or replayed from log files by other tools (e.g. Sailfish).
- Test Management, Execution and Reporting
- Integrated (Desktop front-end), allows for multiple simultaneous heterogeneous connections, consecutive execution of multiple planned scripts, test results summary and detailed test reports. Optional Big Button framework is supported.
- Platform requirements
- Low footprint cross-platform application, MySQL.